LBMA General Meeting Minutes 11-4-16
January 9, 2017
Long Beach Merchants Association Regular Meeting
Friday, November 4, 2016, 8:00 AM
Lightship Restaurant @ Chautauqua Lodge, Long Beach
CALL TO ORDER
President Hintz called the meeting to order at 8:02am.
INTRODUCTIONS (5 min)
President Karl Hintz, Treasurer Laura Smith, Secretary Ariel Smith, Guy Glenn Jr., Nick Benas, Sarah Gentry and Bee Walton.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES (1 min)
Did not have a quorum.
TREASURER’S REPORT (2 min)
Treasurer Laura Smith provided a report – total $66,026.05
MEMBERSHIP REPORT (2 min)
For the 2016/2017 dues we have 71 members already signed up and paid. Continue the effort towards 100 members.
NEW BUSINESS (10 min)
Long Beach Circus – Ragan Myers had received notice that the Long Beach Circus would no longer be supported by the Lions Club. She proposed that the LBMA possibly take over the event. All that it really entails is the sale of tickets, which the LBMA would keep some of the profit on. Bee from the Driftwood RV Park mentioned that she would help sell the tickets and distribute them to local businesses. President Hintz wanted to leave this on the agenda and discuss it later as time goes on. He would like to know the deadline for either agreeing to the responsibility or not.
Addition to the Membership Form – Bee from the Driftwood RV Park wanted to suggest that the membership forms include a phone number or email so that the members can contact someone with questions.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (10 min)
Storage Unit Clean Up- This is a reminder about the Merchant’s storage clean-up on November 5th from 10-12. Anyone that can come help is encouraged too.
MERCHNAT MINUTE (10 min)
COMMITTEE REPORTS (15 min)
LBMA Events: [Chair (Supervising Board Member)]
- Clam Festival [Russel Maize (Ruth Ann Hocking)]- Secretary Smith mentioned that she had spoken to Leanne who works for Chris and Russel about the budget requests.
- Beach to Chowder Run/Walk [Jeff Harrell (Laura Price)]-No one at the meeting.
- SandSations [Karl Hintz]- Wants to hold a wrap-up meeting soon.
- Jake’s Birthday [Wendy Murry (Ariel Smith)]-No update
- Holidays at the Beach [Holli Kemmer (Ruth Ann Hocking)]-It was mentioned that HATB is still in need of volunteers.
- LBMA After Hours [Holli Kemmer (Ruth Ann Hocking)]- No one in attendance.
OTHER REPORTS (15 min)
Non-LBMA Events: [Chair (Entity)]
- World Kite Museum & Kite Festival [Holli Kemmer]- No one in attendance.
- Loyalty Days [Bob Andrew (Loyalty Days Foundation)]- No one in attendance. Surf Perch Derby [Marla Johnson (Long Beach Lion’s Club)]- No one was in attendance.
- Summerfest/Columbia Pacific Farmer’s Market [Ragan Myers (City of Long Beach)]- No one in attendance.
- Port of Ilwaco [(Guy Glenn Jr.)]- There will be dredge work done in Ilwaco and Chinook in the upcoming months.
- Long Beach Elk’s Lodge [Maureen Gilbert (BPOE No.1937)]-Not in attendance
- Wellspring Community Network [Vinessa Karnofski]-Not in attendance.
- Port of Peninsula [Mary DeLong (Jay Personius)-Not in attendance.
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitor’s Bureau Board [Karl Hintz] – No one in attendance.
- Liaison to Long Beach City Council [Jerry Phillips] – No one in attendance.
- Liaison to Ocean Park Chamber & Ilwaco Merchant Association [Laura Price] – No one in attendance.
ANNOUNCEMENTS (2 min)
- Long Beach City Council:, 7:00pm, City Hall (1st & 3rd Mondays)
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitor’s Bureau Board:, Noon, TBD (2nd Thursday)
- LBMA Board:, 8:00am, Benson’s by the Beach (3rd Friday)
- LBMA General Meeting:, 8:00am, Lightship (1st Friday)
President Hintz adjourned the meeting at 8:45am