Long Beach Merchants Association | Regular Meeting
Friday, December 2nd, 2011, 8:00 am Benson’s by the Beach Restaurant; 504 S Pacific in Long Beach; 642-3300
CALL TO ORDER
INTRODUCTIONS Missy Bageant, Ruth Ann Hockings, Lois Roberts, Laura Price, Rick Green, Jane Holeman, Holly Beller, Mollie Christianson, Gayle Borchard, Cheri D, Patrick Wes, Craig Smith, Steven Linhart
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion was made to approve both October and Novembers general meeting minutes; Motion was made by Gayle Borchard; 2nd by Cheri D, motion passed
See attached pdf. of the treasure’s report and the draft budget for the 2012 budget.
- Election of officers for 2012
- Tabled until next month’s meeting Jan 6th 2012
- Send out an electronic ballot to get more votes and representation for the vote.
NEW BUSINESS COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Holidays at the Beach: Holly Beller: Had a problem with Santa photo’s but was able to redirect people to the photographer’s website which turned out to be better in the long run. Weather took out the set up insides the tents. Had an issue with the tents due to weather/storm. This event needs a permanent spot before next year. Having decorated tree auction on the 10th come down to the Neptune theater 1pm.
- White Elephant Ruth Ann Hockings Next Thursday kite Museum at 6pm bring a wrapped gift and favorite dish
- Doggie Olympic Games: Mollie: working with Ilovedogs.com they really want to get involved, working with Beachdog for rat cards and website.
- SandSations no report
- Jake’s Birthday no report
- Kite Festival no report
- Beach to Chowder Run/Walk article that was in Northwest Runner and there is a really nice write up in it. Timer purchase Jeff is working on.
- Kite Museum [Kay Buesing] indoor windless at long beach in Jan.
- Loyalty Days [Bob Andrew] Applications already 3 bands and second batch of letters
- Surf Perch Derby [Dale Jacobson] it is on again and Dale has picked it up for 2012
- SummerFest [Ragan Andrew] No report
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau [Holly Beller] 3.5 hour discussion on how they are funded and how to increase funds, most people come from the I-5 corridor. New ways for funding, opening it up to individual membership for people wanting information. Talking about reducing the vacation planner. Visitor counts for 2011…think it was about the same. Down on lodging tax this year, but lot of day trippers. Lots of complements of how well taken care of the city is compared to others.
- Liaison to Long Beach City Council [Steven Linhart] :made an exception on the size for the sign it will be bigger and also have the quilt shop, the pharmacy and the mall . Due to not covering up the painted murals. Next meeting on Monday budget is up for public review. No layoffs, no increases to city employees pay, festivals are all funded for next year and the Visitors Bureau.
- City Lodging Tax Advisory Committee [Wayne O’Dell] part of the LTAC budget $70,000 is to go after advertising to get more people down here. Meetings Second Tuesday of the month.
- Liaison to Ocean Park, Ilwaco [Laura Price] United Way Pacific County $900 donations but 100,000 was funded, liquor law discussed, Ocean Park Chamber has 71 new members, sound system was purchased from donations at the Ocean Park 4th of July. Stress Busters class Dec 10th Well Springs . lighting of the tree ocean park, Ilwaco dec 3rd
- Lighted Sea serpent is sick and is under warranty it has a short. It is being taken to Oregon and having it fixed.
- Columbia –Pacific Farmers Market [Gayle Borchard] The Market is over but did meet with the vendors and they feel that they would like to close at 6pm. Adding hot food this year, pressure for it to pay for itself. Little package goods from around the peninsula to also be sold at the market. Peggy miles had surgery for cancer, she is up on her feet and she is healthy and strong but keep her in your thoughts.
ü LB City Council Meeting: December 5th & 19th, 7:00 pm, City Hall
ü LTAC Meeting: December 13th, 2011
ü LBMA Board Meeting: December 16th , 8:00 am, Benson’s(Cancled for December)
ü LBMA Meeting: January 6th, 8:00 am, Benson’s