Long Beach Merchants Association | Regular Meeting
Friday, January 6th, 2012 8:00 am
Benson’s by the Beach Restaurant; 504 S Pacific in Long Beach; 642-3300
CALL TO ORDER
Missy Bageant, Gale Borchard, Ruth Ann Hockings, Jeff Archer, Dennis Butters, Troy Rodenburg, Laura Price, Dale Jacobson, Kay Buesing, Doug Keilwitz, Cheri Diehl, Alan Craft, Sherry Hash, Beth Sloane, Lori Wirkkala, Keith Schwartz, Nicki Whittle, Merry Scharfe, Steven Linhart
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion was made by Gail Borchard to pass the minutes as is. Seconded by: Merry S. Motion passes
See attached PDF Craig’s last report.
Adopt general member budget: Motion was made by Merry Scharfe to adopt General Fund Budget; seconded by: Ruth Ann Hockings and Motion passes.
Announcement of Officers:
President: Steven Linhart
Vice President: Merry Scharfe
Treasure: Ruth Ann Hockings
Secretary: Missy Bageant
Holly Beller, Craig Smith, Jane Hollman, Jeff Harrell, and Sherry Hash
- Jeff Archer- New Member: Four Seasons Carpet Cleaning.
- Elks lodge: Thanks to everyone! 420people served at Christmas had a donation can and all money raised went to the food banks.
- Oil Filert Buddy: most buisness is on internet, magnetic suction cup, you put it on the oil filter before you take it off and it gets the oil out of it. Oilfilterbuddy.com
- Allan from OBH: Budget crisis at the state level, our community Nacy Gorcie New. Feb 3rd women’s heart to heart brunch at the elks, $7 inculdes lunch and a goodie bag.
- Doggie Olympic Games: [Mollie] No Report
- SandSations : STILL Looking for a chair for Sandsations! Not sure what will happen to this event if there is not a chair to head this event. The chairs job is to fundraise for prizes and to pay the sand builders and to interact with the committee
- Jake’s Birthday [Wendy Murry] Meeting on Monday to start planning
- Kite Festival [Jane Holman] Merry is working on vendors applications that are already coming in.
- Beach to Chowder Run/Walk [Sherry Hash] Nothing new since the last LBMA meeting
- Holidays at the Beach [Holly Beller] Winner of the naming contest was choosen; the winner will be here next year as the Guest of honor. Cecile is the winning name for the Sea serpent
- Kite Museum [Kay Buesing] Next weekend Indoor kite flying at LB school on Friday and Saturday. Longest going indoor kite flying in the united states 11 years. City of LB, Kite Shoppe from Vancouver, OBSD, Super 8 . Feb 4th and 5th Chinese New Year and Chinese year and cultural event Bali is the focus. Showing their three main kites and they are huge! Also has sponsorship from humanity out of Vancouver. Over 10,000 people go through it, 50 miles or over away the majority of the visitors. Spring Break starts March 25th and then for the next 5 weeks. Will be looking for coupons to give out to the guest to local merchants shops.
- Loyalty Days [Bob Andrew] 1st meeting on Tuesday at 2pm at the Chinook observer, more info to come after that.
- Surf Perch Derby [Dale Jacobson] Getting the info on how it works but will have it going. Working with the Kiwanis, they have their annual breakfast on the same day. 1st Saturday after Mothers day….always!
- SummerFest [Ragan Andrew] Send good wishes to Ragan as she has been sick and in and out of the hospital.
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau [Holly Beller] Vacation planners are here and they are at the Visitors Bureau
- Liaison to Long Beach City Council [Steven Linhart] Budget has been improved. 5% increase to water and sewer bills.
- City Lodging Tax Advisory Committee [Wayne O’Dell] Steven is now the chair person of the LTAC.
- Liaison to Ocean Park, Ilwaco [Laura Price] Ocean park 77 members, chambers line of credit is paid off. Pre work on the chamber website is done, new officers on Jan 15th. Ilwaco 8,000 in tourist dollars, changes to the bylaws so that there is individual membership option, Christmas crab pot tree challenged by Westport, WA. Wellsprings have mini grants applications due, clam dates Jan 20th and 21st.
Gail made mention of how well our community looks at Christmas time compared to other towns on the hwy 101 stretch!
Dale says we have something to be proud of at our LBMA meetings, he has been to the Cathlamet merchants and we do so much for our community and not so much whining about what the city does or doesn’t do.
Steven asked if anyone had more event ideas for the off season to please bring them forward or send them to him. No more events for summer, but we could use more during the off/shoulder seasons.
ü LB City Council Meeting: January 2nd & 16th, 2012 7:00 pm, City Hall (1st & 3rd Monday’s)
ü LTAC Meeting: January 17th, 2012 9am at City Hall(3nd Tuesday)
ü LBMA Board Meeting: January 20th, 2012 (3rd Friday)
ü LBMA Meeting: February 3rd, 2012 8am at Benson’s by the Beach(1st Friday)
Gail made a motion to adjourn the meeting Merry 2nd motion passes
Meeting adjourned at 8:54am