Long Beach Merchants Association | Regular Meeting
Friday, March 2, 2012, 2012 8:00 am
Benson’s by the Beach Restaurant; 504 S Pacific in Long Beach; 642-3300
CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 8:02am
Merry Scharfe, Missy Bageant, Wendy Murry, Rick Green, Nicki White, Ardis Chusacff, Chris Goodwin, Keith Schwartz, Charlie Gilbein, Joshua Reixinser, Marty Meeker, Troy Rodenbaugh, Craig Smith, Cheri Diehl, Ragan Andrew, Michael Myers, Holly Beller, Ruth Ann Hockings, Judi Andrew, Keleigh Schwartz, Stefanie Grober, Laura Price, Gayle Borchard, Alan Craft, Gene Miles, David Glasson Bob Andrew, Sarah Shapiro, Steven Linhart
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion was made to approve the minutes as written by: Gail Bochard Seconded by: Merry S. Motion passes
See attached pdf file
- Doggie Olympic Games: [Mollie] Rat cards are here and ready, adding surfing with your dog clinic
- SandSations [Aloha Charlies?]
- Jake’s Birthday [Wendy Murry] Took Fake Jake to Miss Yard Bird pageant making a relationship with them and getting promoting the festival.
- Kite Festival [Jane Holman] it’s going forward, everything on schedule, shirts are almost done, and everything is on track.
- Beach to Chowder Run/Walk [Jeff Harrell/Sherry Hash] New timing equipment is coming in and will enhance the race, racer will have a chip and it will help with time keeping and where they are in the race. Hitch in the website, the folks that take care of the actual website has not separated the two events.
- Holidays at the Beach [Holly Beller] app for Santa to be in the loyalty day parade, getting winner of the name the sea serpent winner set up at the Adrift hotel.
- Kite Museum [Kay Buesing] Spring breaks begin at the end of March, Oregon 1st week of the 24th- then WA and Idaho 1st week of April. Museum Kite family fun, two line kite flyers down at the beach on the 24th, during the week when the families come in and play a guessing game with the museum families got coupons after playing the game. Bead shops, quilt store, scoopers, have given coupons 5 businesses in all so far. The families got a little coupon book. Spring break clam tide on the 24th and spring break, and Easter is a clam tide as well.
- Loyalty Days [Bob Andrew] may 4th, 5th, 6th, guest speaker is Pres. Adams, LTAC is doing a promotion for military families. Half bans available for $20 only has a dozen of them first come first serve, good for loyalty days. Applications coming in strong, lots of bands, dignitaries, having problems getting the application to work on the website working with Keilgh, schedual of events is at the printers, banquet sponsor ship $225 per a table, new volunteers coming in to help and relieve some of the.
- Surf Perch Derby [Dale Jacobson] no report
- SummerFest [Ragan Andrew] Working on solidifying schedule for summerfest, nailed in stone by the end of next week. Ask about music for run. Events information Washington calendar, to be a member, OP has 6 events listed in there, kite festival is the only one in there for LB. LBMA do a member ship and then a do an add as a whole. VB has these calendars to look at if you want to see one. Primer for festival and events for people steeping into a new event or taking one over, it has an overview of helpful information, it is a very rough draft at this time but has multiple possibilities.
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau [Holly Beller] Karl is head of the tsunami debris, delayed on the board till a new, in the news side bar on funbeach it is part of the press about the peninsula, Google load time has changed if it loads slow Google won’t give you a rank, 63,000 visits to the website, panned out to partner to member sites, WORK ON YOUR WEBSITES and keep them updated. The festival websites updating make sure the dates are correct!!!! Keep them up to date!
- Liaison to Long Beach City Council [Steven Linhart] Council meeting is Monday, hope to see everyone there so they know what is going on. City staff is ready for the festival season to start. If interested in Having David Glason (fire chief) walk through and doing a lay out for the fire department to help them fight the fire if something was going to happen. Dog Park? Still in the works, looking for a location still, original location is owned by the school district and they are not interested in having something like that on that location. Monday night they have been working with the Pen Art Ass, using part of the old kite museum.
- City Lodging Tax Advisory Committee [Craig Smith] specials for soliders, instead of funding it through Jan. it would be till September. Still looking for more businesses to participate in this program.
- Liaison to Ocean Park, Ilwaco [Laura Price] OP: Steven talked about SFS and was recived well, guest speaker from big brothers big sisters con3783 9091 Jessica or OP Chamber. 81 members currently, sent out 283 post cards for Garlic fest, Rod run Beach barons are now excepting cars 30 years or older. Lodging dollars to be taking away from the area, parks department in a amdment to the Crss take all of the parks LTAC and putting it in a kitty and …..Will be sending out an email. ILWACO joined members ship with the WA Alliance, Pet wearing vests to collect money for the fireworks, Saturday market is ahead of schedual, clint carter is putting together a blues package for the blues conference in Portland. An odd fellow building is being talked about for the city use. Phone scam to collect money on payday loans.
- Farmers Marketcontact Gail about information tsunami debris, performing arts center working on and music lessons, rehab center on track
- Sarah Shapiro new Framers market manager: available for any merchants wanting to be involved. 503-621-6311 call her whenever also looking for music and entertainment
- Ragan wells grey tour 50 passengers an hour of shopping time, a second tour as well sept and October
- Rick Green from the Elks: Back pack program they collect food and money to supply food for kids that don’t get lunch from the school. Weekend has a breakfast 8:30 to 11, St. Paddy’s day dinner on the 15th, march 31st fundraiser womanless beauty pageant prime rib dinner last time raise $2500 passing out flyer.
ü LB City Council Meeting: March 5th and 19th, 2012 7:00 pm, City Hall (1st & 3rd Monday’s)
ü LTAC Meeting: March 20th, 2012 9am at City Hall(3nd Tuesday)
ü LBMA Board Meeting: March16th, 2012 (3rd Friday)
ü LBMA Meeting: April 6th, 2012 8am at Benson’s by the Beach(1st Friday)
ü VB 2nd Thursday at noon at the shelburn full board meeting and it is open, call and RSVP with the Shellborn or the VB.
ü VB website Tuesday before the board meeting….let Kelly know you are coming
Meeting was closed at 9am