Call to Order – Steven Linhart
Intro – Steven Linhart
Approval of April Minutes – Brent Dennis second Cheri Diehl
Treasurer’s Report- Ruth Ann delivered a verbal report
Unfinished Business -
- The board met with Andi day regarding out doors NW invoice that wasn’t approved by festival chairs – new procedure was put in place so this wont happen again.
- Wendy Murry volunteered as secretary a vote will take place June 1st along with this comes a change of bylaws a handout was given with information on this change.
New Business -
- Ned Bitner 244-0263 – The girls basketball coach discussed the Girls basketball tournament with 25 teams and their families coming to the peninsula. The team is looking for tournament t shirt sponsors. Gayle motioned for a $400 donation to be made the motion was carried. It was mentioned someone should be tracking how many visitors come for sporting events such as this one.
- Bob Pensworth- Crescom WIFI looking to extend wifi offered custom business broad band packages.
- Rod Vetter SPCHS Golf tournament coming up looking for sponsors, sponsors will be thanked in paper and banner at event.
- Jacky Ferrier ~ Willapa Nat’l Wildlife Refuge Project Leader, the mission is to protect plants and wildlife throughout system 16000 acres of refuge. There are lots of fun unique things available and many rare species such as the snowy plover. Due to their efforts the pink sand verbena came back to Ledbetter. The endangered Marveled Mirellette lives on the refuge and has quite a following. Tidal restoration is underway in S. Willapa bay. They are currently providing habitat to bring back the Oregon Silver Spot Butterfly. Encouraging people to join the Friends of willapa wildlife restoration.
- Lions – Trailer approved for Surf Perch Derby
- Ilwaco Merchants Assn – Carla Nelson fireworks chair event ~ 7/7 at port ~ asking for financial support.
- Beach to Chowder ~ no report
- Doggie Olympic Games ~ Mollie: Launched website it is beautiful and amazing! Twitter account created tweeting to Portland and Seattle area with a come find Abby promo. Great article in Oregon Coast Magazine, working on radio ad anyone can pick up rack cards at adrift.
- Sandsations ~ Jenny: Is meeting with the Elks about a fundraiser silent auction. Last min sponsors brochures out next week. Looking for rooms for master teams.
- Jake’s Birthday ~ Wendy: Everything is on track
- Kite Festival ~ Merry: brochures are out everything flying along; t-shirt design done; poster by Don Nesbitt
- Holidays at the Beach ~ Holly: Santa will be here for Loyalty Days, looking to moving event to indoor structure.
- LBMA after hours ~no report
- Festival Chairs Manual ~ Ragan: Working on it.
- Kite Museum ~ Merry: Looking for a director to replace Kay they are gearing up for Kite Festival.
- Loyalty Days ~ Ragan: 127 entries in parade 15 bands, John Adams guest of honor has been portraying the president for 17 years. Looking for volunteers to peal potatoes with Roberta tonight at the bakery!
- Surf Perch Derby ~ Steven: Coming along
- Summerfest ~ Ragan: Rack cards are out, opens Memorial Day weekend
- Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau ~ Holly: Annual Meeting May 1st at the kite museum. Serious pizza is open may 17, third annual science conference with EDC. It was reported that last April was best visitation at the Bureau since 2007; numbers are up. People are coming tourists are returning.
- Long Beach City Council ~ Steven: Asked that people check out specialsforservicemembers.com to register to give back to the military he would like for people to spread the word and participate! Council meets 1st and 3rd Mondays
- It was suggested if you are interested in what has been going on in our local government to go to the Municipal research website as a good neutral place for information also Association Washington Cities another website for unbiased information.
- Long Beach Marketing Committee ~ Craig: Specials For Service Members – Washington Tourism Alliance – communities outline of duties.
- Ilwaco ~ Laura: Blues and Seafood basket request, Aug 17-18. Children s parade tomorrow, Oregon Tuna classic July, Oregon Tuna Classic is very organized.
- Long Beach - The Lost Roo will host the The Great Popcorn Challenge! A fun challenge between Dennis Company and Bob’s in Longview to see who has the best popcorn looser donates to the others charity.
- Farmers Market ~ Opens May 11th with 16 vendors. 10 to 11 thousand people were through last year. Sara Shapiro is the Market Manager she is a pistol , Gayle would like to see folks setting aside $25 a week to shop at the local markets.
- Shred a thon May 19th 10 to 2 Arthur Strand.
- Introduction of Frank Wolf running for County Commissioner
- Long Beach Package Travel – Ragan: Hosted German guide book writer 12 cruse ship people 42 second ship.
- May 19th NAMI Informational walk to support mental health meet at the Bolstad Approach.
–Wendy Murry, Secretary