The Long Beach Merchants Association sponsors several popular local events throughout the year. This year’s events include:
- Long Beach Razor Clam Festival: Saturday, April 20, 2019. A celebration of everything clam, from free clam digging lessons to a chowder cookoff competition.
- Sandsations: July 23-27, 2019. Try your hand at building a sand castle or view the work of professional sand sculptors as they craft fabulous works of art.
- Jake’s Birthday Party: Saturday and Sunday, August 2-3, 2019. An annual celebration of local celebrity Jake the Alligator Man, with plenty of live music, artists and performers and special entertainment that the entire family will enjoy.
- Cache Dash Splash: Friday through Sunday, September 13-15, 2019. Explore the Long Beach peninsula through the fun of geocaching. You’ll discover all sorts of scenic spots, local history, and even win a collectible coin for your efforts!
- Holidays at the Beach: Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy a free showing of the movie Polar Express, welcome Santa’s arrival in town, holiday caroling, workshop crafts for kids, and even have your picture taken with a mermaid!
Along with these annual events, there’s something available almost every week of the year to do on the Long Beach Peninsula, including the International Kite Festival, Rod Run, Loyalty Days Parade, the World’s Longest Garage Sale, and the Surf Perch Derby to name a few! Click here for a downloadable 2019 calendar, or view it below (Thank you to the Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau!).