The Long Beach Merchants Association sponsors several popular local events throughout the year. This year’s events include:
- Long Beach Razor Clam Festival: Saturday, April 11, 2020. A celebration of everything clam, from free clam digging lessons to a chowder cookoff competition.
- Sandsations: July 8-12, 2020. Try your hand at building a sand castle or view the work of professional sand sculptors as they craft fabulous works of art.
- Jake’s Birthday Party: Saturday and Sunday, July 31 – August 1, 2020. An annual celebration of local celebrity Jake the Alligator Man, with plenty of live music, artists and performers and special entertainment that the entire family will enjoy.
- Long Beach Dash: Explore the Long Beach peninsula through the fun of a scavenger hunt. You’ll discover all sorts of scenic spots, local history, and be eligible for prizes, too!
- Holidays at the Beach: Thanksgiving weekend, November 29 – December 1, 2020. Enjoy a free showing of the movie Polar Express, welcome Santa’s arrival in town, holiday caroling, workshop crafts for kids, and even have your picture taken with a mermaid!
Along with these annual events, there’s something available almost every week of the year to do on the Long Beach Peninsula, including the International Kite Festival, Rod Run, Loyalty Days Parade, the World’s Longest Garage Sale, and the Surf Perch Derby to name a few! Click here for a downloadable 2020 calendar, or view it below (Thank you to the Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau!).